CORONA / COVID – 19 NOTICE Nr. 2
After learning about COVID 19 during spring and summer 2020 and in order to mitigate the threat of transmission of the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) to the maritime community the
KIEL, LÜBECK & FLENSBURG PILOTs
vessel operators, master, crew and pilot
to consider and follow these measures during their vessel’s transit :
• Exchange information about your health status and your COVID 19 policy
(in advance) if necessary.
• Use outside passageways for transfers if possible.
• Keep cool and dry conditions on the bridge. Avoid hot and humid conditions which may enable a virus to stay alive on surfaces.
• Keep ventilation on the bridge effective – open bridgewing doors in regular intervals if possible, to minimize aerosol concentration.
• Pls clean contact areas regularly with a suitable disinfecting cleaner.
• Wash your hands before, during and after duty.
• Avoid face contact of your hands.
• Avoid handshakes and minimize ship surface contacts.
• Keep a safety distance to other persons of 1,5m - 2m if practicable.
• Wear facemasks, if safety distances and/or ventilation cannot be maintained.
• Maintain a supply of hand sanitizer on the bridge. Any member of the bridge team should use hand sanitizer on their hands immediately after touching their face at all.
• Please only allow essential personnel in the wheelhouse during transit.
• Maintain situational awareness (e.g. if eating and drinking on duty is safely possible).
29. October 2020
Martin Finnberg Marcus Meyer
Chairman Chairman Lübeck Pilot